About the event
Women into Leadership 2017
Now in their eighth year, the annual Women into Leadership conferences have established themselves as the key events for all those interested in seeing leadership opportunities for women enhanced. Women into Leadership 2017 will examine how female leaders, at any grade, can enhance their skills to become the leader they aspire to be.
This year's conferences will draw on feedback from Women into Leadership 2016, as well as discussions that took place at this years’ planning meeting. The conferences will offer hands-on advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. You will hear from inspirational women of all grades and levels, within and outside the Civil Service. You’ll discuss together how you can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure the Civil Service doesn’t lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders.
Dates and Locations:
Women into Leadership will take place in Cardiff, London, Edinburgh & Leeds in 2017. Please find details below:
Women into Leadership Cardiff | 16th March 2017
Women into Leadership Edinburgh | 25th May 2017
Women into Leadership London | 20th September 2017
Women into Leadership Leeds | 19th October 2017
2017 speakers include:
- Leslie Evans, Permanent Secretary, Scottish Government
- Clare Moriarty, Permanent Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Shan Morgan, Permanent Secretary, Welsh Government
- Ruth Davidson MSP, Leader, Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party
- Leanne Wood, Leader, Plaid Cymru
- Kelly Hodge, Chair, DVLA Gender Equality Network
- Keela Shackell Smith, Executive Directors Office: Women's Network and Gender at Environment Agency
- Claire Clancy, Chief Executive and Clerk of the Assembly, National Assembly for Wales
- Angela Constance MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Communities, Social Security and Equalities
- Joanne Hopkins, Head of HO Wales Team, Home Office
- Dr Sharleene Bibbings, Policy Advisor - Innovation, UK Export Finance
The benefits of attending Women into Leadership include the opportunity to:
- Examine the barriers currently facing female leaders (and future leaders) in the Civil Service and hear how to overcome them
- Hear from a diverse range of Senior Civil Servants, as well as inspirational leaders from outside of the Civil Service
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Design your own breakout session schedule, based on your own needs and aspirations
- Learn how to be an effective leader
- Network with peers and counterparts from across Government who are also contemplating furthering their career in the Civil Service
Registration for WiL 2017 (all locations) is now open.
Cardiff, Leeds & Scotland rates:
Public sector rate (NHS, Central Govt, Local Govt) 1 place: £295 + VAT | 4 places or more: £250 + VAT
FDA/Keyskills member rate: 1 place: £195 + VAT
Others: 1 place: £695 + VAT
Public sector rate (NHS, Central Govt, Local Govt) 1 place: £345 + VAT | 4 places or more: £295 + VAT
FDA/Keyskills member rate: 1 place: £245 + VAT
Others: 1 place: £745 + VAT
Registrations can be made online here
Who should attend?
Women into Leadership 2017 is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress.